Friday, September 3, 2010

So I am starting!

I have recently stopped working outside of the home, and I am stoked.  I decided that with my spare time I want to make crafts.  So for Christmas I thought it would be neat to make everyone's presents.  I have a very large family: 3 brothers, 4 sisters, 2 brother in laws, 2 sister in laws, 4 nephews, and 4 nieces.  Not only do I have my family, but I need to make presents for my husband's family too.  However, his family is significantly smaller: mother and father in law, grandma and grandpa, brother and sister and an aunt, uncle and a cousin.  On top of all these people I have two kids (son and duaghter). So needless to say I have a lot of crafts, and I need to begin now.  I am starting the blog because I can't keep a secret and I know if I don't have someone to tell then I will tell everyone what I am doing, then the shock factor will be gone. So far I have researched ideas and have a list as to what I want to make everyone.  For the families I am planning on getting a cook book organized with family recipes.  One of the main recipes that I hope I can get featured in the book is the family biscuits.  No one has the recipe on paper, and it is going to be difficult to mimic.  My mother puts a bunch of flour in a bowl, and makes a hole in the middle and puts her other ingredients in the hole, and kneeds in the flour until the consistancy is right.  I am really excited about making these things for my family.  I have a family that will really appreciate them.  I am aslo up for cool craft ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment